THE BELMONT FOOD COLLABORATIVE (BFC) is a not-for-profit volunteer organization in Belmont, Mass. Our mission is promoting good health, access to fresh and local food, nutrition, and local and sustainable farming. Read the mission statement.
Please make a donation to support our programs.
Q&A about the 2017 Market season Get answers to your questions about the Market staying in Belmont Center.
Some of our recent programs
- Cooking classes We have five cooking classes this winter. There’s a vegetarian class and a class on Italian sauces. And in the new Language in the Kitchen program, we have an Italian cooking class taught in Italian and a French class taught in French. The fermentation class has sold out; it’s our most popular class, so we’ll probably offer it again.
- Fundraiser at Flatbread Pizza They donated $3.50 from each large pizza and $1.75 from every small pizza.
- Community Growing We grow produce to donate to the Belmont Food Pantry. Find out about volunteering to water and weed the gardens next season.
- Belmont Farmers’ Market The Market will reopen in June 2017.
- Be Well Belmont A program about healthy eating and increased physical activity.