THE BELMONT FOOD COLLABORATIVE (BFC) is a not-for-profit volunteer organization in Belmont, Mass. Our mission is good food, nutrition, and local and sustainable farming, as described in the BFC Annual Report for 2013 (pdf).
Upcoming & Current Programs
- Cooking classes for adults+kids Spend an afternoon exploring cooking with kids. We’ve teamed up with Powisset Cooks! to offer two classes: making potato pancakes was held on 2/22/15, and making soups will be on 3/22/15. See class information and registration.
- Fermentation class Sunday, March 8, 2015, 2:30 to 5:00 pm. Fermentation class details and signup.
- Fed Up, the movie. Free screening and discussion of this movie about food. “Everything we’ve been told about food and exercise for the past 30 years is dead wrong. FED UP is the film the food industry doesn’t want you to see.” Presented by Belmont PTA/PTO Green Alliance, the Belmont Food Collaborative and Sustainable Belmont. Weds, March 4 at 7 PM.
Chenery Middle School Auditorium.
- The Pomona Project We offer great prices on edible landscaping plants: herbs, berries, figs, and more. See the list of plants. Ordering is closed, but watch for information about delivery.
- Healthy Yards & Gardens Fair Saturday, March 7, 2015, 2:00 – 4:00 PM, Belmont Public Library. Find out about this free program.
- Community Farm We’re advocating to create a community farm in Belmont. Find out about them, and help it happen.
- Belmont Farmers’ Market The Market opens again in June 2015.
- Second Annual Fall & Winter Farm Share Fair The Fair was a great success! We introduced farmers and shoppers, setting the scene for a winter of good local food.
- Community Growing We grow produce to donate to the Belmont Food Pantry. In 2014, students tended beds at the high school. This is part of our Food Assistance work.