The Belmont Food Collaborative (BFC) is a not-for-profit volunteer group in Belmont, Mass. Our mission is good food, nutrition, and local and sustainable farming.
Upcoming and recent projects
- Fermentation class. Learn about fermentation techniques and the health benefits of fermented foods. You will taste samples and prepare vegetables to take home and ferment. Find out more and sign up for the fermentation class on Sunday, March 16, 2014.
- Spring grower’s workshop Learn about seed starting, transplanting to containers, and getting crops both earlier and later. Find out more and sign up for this free program. It’s a joint venture with Wild Acre Green Education Program.
- The Pomona Project. Once again, BFC sold easy-to-care-for edible plants for home growing. Dates for the planting workshop and delivery will be announced here and by email.
- Fall & Winter Farm Share Fair. Our fall & winter farm-share fair was successful. We had about a dozen vendors. Fifty to sixty people came to talk with the vendors and sign up.
- Belmont Farmers’ Market. The Farmers’ Market closed for the season on October 31. We’ll see you on June 12, 2014.
- Community Growing. We grow produce to donate to the Belmont Food Pantry.