The Belmont Food Collaborative (BFC) is a not-for-profit volunteer group in Belmont, Mass. Our mission is good food, nutrition, and local and sustainable farming, as described in the BFC Annual Report for 2013.
Upcoming and recent projects
- Fermentation class Learn about the benefits of fermented food, taste samples and prepare some vegetables to ferment at home. Fermentation class details and signup.
- Belmont Farmers’ Market The Market runs until October 30, 2014.
- Second Annual Fall & Winter Farm Share Fair The Fair was a great success! We introduced farmers and shoppers, setting the scene for a winter of good local food.
- Community Growing We grow produce to donate to the Belmont Food Pantry. In 2014, students tended beds at the high school.
- The Pomona Project We offer great prices on edible landscaping plants: herbs, berries, figs, and more. Order in the late winter.
- Spring grower’s workshop with information about planting goes along with the Pomona Project.
- Educational programs including classes on cheese-making and fermentation.