THE BELMONT FOOD COLLABORATIVE (BFC) is a not-for-profit volunteer organization in Belmont, Mass. Our mission is good food, nutrition, and local and sustainable farming, as described in the BFC Annual Report for 2013 (pdf).
Upcoming & RECENT Programs
- Cooking classes for adults+kids Spend an afternoon exploring cooking with kids. We’ve teamed up with Powisset Cooks! to offer two classes: making potato pancakes was held on 2/22/15, and making soups will be on 3/22/15. See class information and registration.
- Fermentation class The 3rd offering was March 8, 2015.
- Fed Up, the movie. “Everything we’ve been told about food and exercise for the past 30 years is dead wrong.” There was a great discussion after the film. Presented by Belmont PTA/PTO Green Alliance, the Belmont Food Collaborative and Sustainable Belmont.
Chenery Middle School Auditorium.
- The Pomona Project We offer great prices on edible landscaping plants: herbs, berries, figs, and more. See the list of plants. Ordering is closed, but watch for information about delivery.
- Healthy Yards & Gardens Fair We had a good crowd for this event.
- Community Farm We’re advocating to create a community farm in Belmont. Find out about them, and help it happen.
- Belmont Farmers’ Market The Market opens again in June 2015.
- Second Annual Fall & Winter Farm Share Fair The Fair was a great success! We introduced farmers and shoppers, setting the scene for a winter of good local food.
- Community Growing We grow produce to donate to the Belmont Food Pantry. In 2014, students tended beds at the high school. This is part of our Food Assistance work.