The Belmont Food Collaborative (BFC) is a not-for-profit volunteer group in Belmont, Mass. Our mission is good food, nutrition, and local and sustainable farming, as described in the BFC Annual Report for 2013 (pdf).
Upcoming and recent PROGRAMS
- Planning Your Vegetable Garden Dec 21, 2014, 2 – 4 pm, Belmont Public Library, Flett Room. This is a free program and no registration is needed.
- Fermentation class Learn about the benefits of fermented food, taste samples and prepare some vegetables to ferment at home. The class is filled, but you may put your name on the cancellation list: Fermentation class details and signup.
- Community Farm We’re advocating to create a community farm in Belmont. Find out about them, and help it happen.
- Belmont Farmers’ Market The Market opens again in June 2015.
- Second Annual Fall & Winter Farm Share Fair The Fair was a great success! We introduced farmers and shoppers, setting the scene for a winter of good local food.
- Community Growing We grow produce to donate to the Belmont Food Pantry. In 2014, students tended beds at the high school. This is part of our Food Assistance work.
- The Pomona Project We offer great prices on edible landscaping plants: herbs, berries, figs, and more. Order in the late winter.