The Belmont Food Collaborative’s mission statement:
- to promote the good health of citizens of Belmont, Massachusetts and surrounding communities;
- to enhance the quality of life in that area by providing education and information about healthy, active lifestyle choices to people of all ages, abilities and means;
- to increase the availability of fresh, locally produced foods within walking or bicycling distance;
- to help people in need obtain fresh, healthy foods;
- to promote and support local, sustainable agriculture and home vegetable gardening; and
- to conduct programs and develop other means by which the corporation can pursue the aforementioned purposes.